cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cloud disaster?

Hi,

I hope this is the right board, apologies if not. I had about 40gb of photos and videos saved to the BT Cloud.

Recently,  I needed to free up a large chunk of space on my C:/ and it seems I have deleted a user folder to which BT Cloud was saving all my photo etc. I had rather assumed the whole point of the exercise as to remove the huge chunk of files from my computer and store them... in the cloud? 

When I log into the BT Cloud it seems that it's been overhauled since I last used. The files are there in the deleted folder but it won't restore them?

Any ideas how I could get them back? And how I could stop BT Cloud from using my C:/ to store stuff?

Edit - the files seem unaffected on the mobile app -when I restore it it trying to restore them to my C drive?

Thanks very much,

ErrrorWayz

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cloud disaster?

I sympathise greatly - I have a similar problem. There is  460-message post here https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-Won-t-Start/td-p/2117275, but I can't find the answer. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi there, thanks very much, that doesn't sound hopeful. The link doesn't seem to work - says invalid parameter, any chance you could repost?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi. Unless I’m missing something, BT Cloud doesn’t store stuff on your PC unless you’re syncing photos etc to/ from other devices in the BT Cloud folder. 

Assuming that the desktop client is working - and at the moment I appreciate it’s a big assumption - To stop it doing that- from Preferences (from the Cog) go to Sync, Choose the ‘Make only the following folders available...” option and remove any ticks that you have against the other devices you have.  Any files will be removed from your PC’s local BT Cloud folder. But crucially they’ll still be the in the cloud when you have a look at the website. 

When I first updated to the new client I found that loads of files were being downloaded onto the PC. And looking in the Sync option it had defaulted to the “Make all BT Cloud content available... “ option. Which I didn’t want at the time.

Not sure what the issue is with the files in the Deleted files folder. If you restore surely they’ll go back from whence they came won’t they? Which’ll be your original C drive. Or again am I missing something? It won’t be the first time... 

0 Ratings