Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 27

Re: Cloud dot.conflict files

Thanks snw, I will try that.

0 Ratings
uwuw
Message 22 of 27

Just to say that this is still happening. Completely lost a previously saved docx today absolutely no trace of it now on pc or cloud. Nightmare I've quit the cloud now!

0 Ratings
snw1953
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 27

Hi - I had the same problems with the 'new' supposedly fixed version. If I hadn't also taken an external backup, I would have lost monthsa worth of work. In the end, I quit Cloud completely, and have bought a new Cloud product which works as I expect a Cloud system to do. Now I'm just waiting till my BT subscription is up to move away completely. My summing up is that the moderators etc try thier best, and are polite and helpful, but the software developers are clueless.

0 Ratings
nicmcckip
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 27

I've given up on BT cloud as well, I have always had it set up to run on demand ( and had the old vault set up that way also) And this happens with this set up as well. I now just upload (manually) my most important documents to Google drive and skydrive (Microsoft), its a pain but its better than losing all my work.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 25 of 27

Google drive can work automatically for sync, and I'm pretty sure skydrive can too. Certainly don't let BT Cloud near any important files.
0 Ratings
Bobw_se5
Beginner
Message 26 of 27

Seeing as I started this thread, I thought I would update on what I am now doing, I've dumped the Paid for cloud based system I had, and am mainly using in house NAS.

For things that I need whilst on the move, I'm using a combination of the free allowances from Dropbox, SkyDrive,Amazon Cloud, & Google Cloud along with Evernote, which together gives me 29 GB of space, more than enough for most day to day stuff, anyone wanting more, have a looking at the pricing/use of these, then SkyDrive comes out the cheapest, but Dropbox appears to be the Best.

I have also dumped BT Retail because of price increase and their use of an Indian Call Centre which was mostly useless in trying to sort out problems, moved to PN, Fibre went over last week, and phone due to go next week, once that happens then I will probably not take part here anymore, unless at sometime in the future I come back to BT.

Bobw
0 Ratings
sheryck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 27

11/08/2014 - NB 2014 - I am still having this problem (with OpenOffice files, PDFs, Tyre, etc, etc.). Using Win7, and I only use BT Cloud Backup (ie NOT Sync) - Have I missed the repair? My Windows and other software are updated as soon as available. I am still having to check Win Explorer before I leave a file to check a '.conflict' has not been created and my updated file has been saved. HELP! :smileysad:

0 Ratings