cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dani241
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Cloud log out

My laptop recently broke and has to be sent away to be fixed.
I had bt cloud on it which automatically logs on, but since I can't access the laptop I can't log out and change it before it is sent away. Obviously there are things stored that I don't want other people to access.
If I change my bt password will it automatically log out of the bt cloud program on the laptop?

Thanks for any advice
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cloud log out

Hi,

I've just tried this, and i wasn't automatically logged out on either my PC or Mac (possible there's a delay I guess, but it didn't happen instantly). I don't think triggering a log-out would really help though, as BT Cloud syncs your content to your local hard drive, so even if you were logged out, people would still be able to see the content. They'll also be able to see all the stuff you have stored on your local hard drive.

My advise would be to either:

1. Use a computer repair company you trust not to snoop through your stuff (there's a local one near me who I always go to, and who are incredibly reliable).
  2. If this isn't an option, then remove the hard drive before sending off. Or, if you need to send the hard drive off with the laptop, then put it in another machine temporarlly to wipe it.

Good luck!

0 Ratings