cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shuffy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Cloud questions, is it working as it should?

Go to solution

Hi

I have Cloud installed on my Windows 10 machine, iPhone and iPad.

I have files set up to "SYNC" and that appears to be working okay, accessible from all devices.

I also have a backup set from my PC of about 260GB. If I look at the Cloud dashboard on my PC and select the Backup tab, when this tab eventually shows, my selected backups are there. When I go to my BT Cloud web page, under "All My Files" my Sync folder is there containing the files. My Windows Desktop folder is also there but when I open the folder I get "This folder is empty".

Another question, should my Backup folder show in Windows File Explorer? I have BT Cloud there but it only contains my Sync files.

My Backup files show up okay on my ios apps.

Steve

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cloud questions, is it working as it should?

Go to solution
Hi there,

You shouldn't expect to see content you've set to 'Back Up' in your Windows Explorer BT Cloud folder.

This content isn't downloaded to your PC by default (if you had multiple PCs connected it's likely you wouldn't want 260GB of content downloading to all of them), but you can trigger a manual download from the 'back up' tab, by using the 'Restore' button.

You should be able to see all the Backed Up content on the BT website under All My Files. You should see an entry for each Windows / Mac computer you've backed up from, and then your BT Cloud Sync Folder. When you click into a PC entry you should see a 'C:' folder, and then your while backed up file system. I've sometimes noticed that the very first time you click into a large new backup it says 'this folder is empty', but that clicking in and out resolves the problem. If it's still not showing up then sounds look a bug.
0 Ratings
shuffy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Cheers for the help.

I appear to have a problem then.

My SYNC folder has the correct contents on my BT Cloud page but "All My Files", "Windows Desktop" showes "This folder is empty".

Tried with Internet explorer and Google Chrome, bothe the same.

0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @shuffy,

Sorry you're having problems - here are a few things to check.

Firstly, do you have multiple 'Windows Desktop' computers listed when you go to All My Files, and if so have you checked all of them?

Secondly, are you sure that BT Cloud has finished backing up your content. You can see instructions on how to check this on our help page, but if it's all done then the BT Cloud desktop software should show green ticks next to each folder on the Backup tab. You should also see a Green tick over the folder icons when you look at them in Windows Explorer.

If you've checked both those things but still can't find what you're looking for then post back here, and I'll ask one of the Mod's to get your details so I can look into it.

Thanks,

Joe V

0 Ratings
shuffy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

A quick update

I uninstalled BT Cloud, deleted the data from my BT Cloud website, reinstalled BT Cloud, have re synced my files and set up new backups.

Everything seems to be working fine now.

0 Ratings
AltJS
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Same problem a year later; my other laptop synced a folder which this laptop has received (complete with green tick) but the folder is empty.  Looking at the BT Cloud 'Sync' list the folder alledgedly has 261.7KB - but none of the contents show up even though they have successfully uploaded to the cloud website.

I only sync a few folders for convenience, I wouldn't trust BT Cloud as the sole backup for important files.

0 Ratings