cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rswipe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Cloud synch

I use a PC running W10. I installed BT Cloud in Jan 2017. The PC quickly signs on to BT Cloud whenever it starts up. The taskbar icon turns to ticked green and states all files in sync. All my personal folders are ticked on the Cloud app for syncing. I am constantly adding and amending documents and pictures into the BT Cloud folder on the PC, which I thought should sync automatically,  but if I sign in to my Cloud account either manually on the PC, or from another device the only files in the Cloud are dated Jan 2017 with no additions since apart from photos taken on my phone, and the folders are still the same size, so the PC is not syncing with the Cloud.  If I take a photo on my  phone it syncs instantly and the new file is accessible in the phone file on my PC, so it's working that way round. Can anyone tell me what's wrong please?

Bernard

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cloud synch

Hi @Rswipe, welcome back to the community and thanks for posting. I found the following guidance on bt.com hopefully it helps.

If you want to keep a file in sync across all your devices, save it in the BT Cloud Sync folder. Changes made to a document or file on one device are automatically made to the version in BT Cloud Sync.

Working on a document at home and on a library computer? Instead of transferring multiple versions between your devices, you can just save the file to your BT Cloud Sync folder. Your edits will be visible on all other devices attached to your BT Cloud and via www.btcloud.bt.com. If you delete content from a computer, that file in BT Cloud Sync will also be deleted.

How to access the BT Cloud Sync folder

Inside the BT Cloud Sync folder is a folder for each smartphone or tablet that's connected to BT Cloud. These hold everything that's been backed up to BT Cloud from these devices.

You can add files or folders directly to the BT Cloud Sync folder, which acts a bit like a virtual USB stick. You can find the BT Cloud Sync folder directly within your Windows Explorer or Mac Finder. You can also access the BT Cloud Sync folder via the BT Cloud app or online at www.btcloud.bt.com. The BT Cloud Sync folder is automatically added to the Personal folder section in the Start menu and under "Users" in your C:Drive. Simply copy and paste the files you want to add.

0 Ratings
Rswipe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply, unfortunately no further forward. The folders/files I want to sync (photos, documents) are all saved and visible in the Cloud Sync folder on my PC, up to date,  and amount to 12.9 Gb according to my Cloud dashboard, all ticked there to synchronise. But when I sign in to Cloud by phone or tablet I can only see PC files amounting to 4gb, and dated January 2017, which is when I first installed and started using Cloud, so after the initial backup it doesn't appear to have synced since, though my two phones and tablet do! The Cloud icon on my taskbar is ticked green and says all files are in sync, which is clearly not the case. A photo I took yesterday on my phone  is available on my PC's desktop in the Cloud Sync folder in subfolder Motorola G4, which was created automatically when I first used this phone, there is also a folder for my other Samsung phone and my Samsung tablet.  Yet images downloaded from my camera into my PC's Cloud Sync folder last week and available there are not showing if I use my phone to access the Cloud. So in a nutshell, despite all the setting appearing correct my PC doesn't sync, though my other devices do.

Bernard

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thank you @Rswipe.

It would be best if you called and spoke with our BT Cloud helpdesk team to see if they can help you.

You can reach them on 0800 500 3114 for help with this.

Let me know how you get on, please.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Rswipe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Out of courtesy, a quick update. I've not pursued this as I have had more pressing matters to address. However I've been checking a few possibilities, I've thought all along the problem lies within my PC and have reached the conclusion it may be a file path problem, that the folder being synchronised is not the correct one. As I don't want to compound the trouble I'm waiting for a more knowledgeable friend to find time to check it out, will let you know if/when  we sort it.

Regards

Bernard

0 Ratings