cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
somniac
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

Cloud

With Google + mucking about with album access and interface, time to make use of Cloud on BT I thought.

I have read on here problems with pin etc but here's the thing. If I use the shortcut on the desktop,, it keeps asking for subscription key which is already filled in the box. It says it is the wrong key and to contact provider but if Ilog in to my account and just close th box I can upload pics etc without a key AND without a pin that I am supposed to be getting.

What IS going on with it??

Now when I try to access Manage Cloud option I get re direct to BT home page!!

10 REPLIES 10
Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Cloud

Odd, I've got other issues (especially slow uploading) but none with registration.  I'm just using the free level (50GB) and never saw anything about pins or subscription keys.  If the pin/subscription key is something to do with extra paid service, maybe your initial upload is working because you haven't used up the free 50GB yet?

Oh, yes, many of my other issues are the terrible interface.  

Right click on the notification icon and choose Manage Cloud and it goes somewhere sensible ( http://www.bt.com/appsyouraccount/public/index.do?siteArea=con.mya&s_cid=con_FURL_cloud_account )

Left click on the icon, right click on MyBT and choose Manage Cloud and it goes somewhere silly in MyBT.

edit: Whoops.  I was wrong there, it goes somewhere silly in both cases.

For viewing (rather than managing) your cloud in the browser, use the link https://www.btcloud.bt.com/

I think the BT website navigation was designed by a sadist.

0 Ratings
offshore1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I'm having the same subscription key trouble and to make matters worse I can't access BT cloud at all as it keeps taking me back to the validation box. I agree about the sadists at work with BT - every time I access my account I keep getting a customer survey I can't get rid of asking how I like their website. BT in my view have a pretty good techincal product totally undermined by atrocious customer service.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 11

Hello guys,

Could those affected by this issue send in your details so we can get this investigated further for you?

You can get our contact link by clicking on my username.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
somniac
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Stephanie:

I emailed you but have since discovered how to create a folder.  The manage cloud link now takes me to My BT.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 11

Thanks for letting us know somniac, good to hear 🙂

Stephanie
0 Ratings
somniac
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

The shortcut from the installed software is still asking for a reg key.
I am by passing that by logging in to my account.
0 Ratings
mrgijones1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I have this issue too.

I have the BT Cloud software set-up on my Mac, Ipad and Android phone no problems, but when I install it onto my Windows 8 pc it asks for a Subscription Key. 

This was pre-filled in but the software is not accepting the code, very annoying.

Anyone know how to verify the software to connect to the server?

0 Ratings
C1Rider
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 11

Just got my pin today and followed the instructions,  all went well until I got this on my screen,

Oops !!!  can't add text after inserting the inserted image   Smiley Mad ( look at image then read text below !! )

To continue,  I went to https://www.btcloud.bt.com and everything works OK   Smiley Very Happy

Am I supposed to have " something " installed on my PC, like a link to BTCloud ??

If so, it's not necessary

Cheers    Smiley Wink

BTCloud - 260213 - 13:15:13.png

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 11

You can install BT Cloud software on your machine.

That will then automatically back selected directories and subdirectories, keeping the directory structure intact.

If you just want to use it for uploading images and are happy to work around the limitations of the web interface, there is no need to install anything.

0 Ratings