cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Connect PS4 to Wi-Fi hotspot

Good evening, all. 

I have just purchased access to Wi-Fi hotspots on a 12 month subscription. While I have connected my phone to the network with no issue, I'm currently not able to connect my PS4 to the Wi-Fi. My console is finding the IP, but then coming up with 'failed' under the internet connection tab.

Is there something I might be missing? Do I need to manually change settings to match my phone settings, something like that? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you 

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Connect PS4 to Wi-Fi hotspot

Unless the PS4 has a web browser which can be used to authenticate your connection, then its not going to work.

If you are not seeing the login page, then you are not going to get any further.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

So, I've managed to log into my account via a web browser on the console itself. Is there a next step?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

No, that's it. You should now be connected.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

You may be disappointed with the connection speed, as BT Wifi is really only suitable for web browsing and email, you are unlikely to find it any good for gaming.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Yes.  BT customer services were super helpful so here's instructions:

Select:

Settings, Network, Set Up Internet Connection, Use WiFi, Custom,  select BT WiFi (or BT Openzone - SSID should come up with BT Openzone so leave it as it is), IP Address (automatic), DHCP host (do not specify), DNS (automatic), MTU (automatic), Proxy server (do not use).  If you are also asked these: WLAN (none),  UPNP (enable).

Save with 'X'.  Test connection will fail.  Now exit (back) to Library (far right icon where your apps/games are stored), Select Apps, then Internet Browser.  BT login should then load but if it doesn't, enter following URL:  https://btwifi.com:8443 or https://my.btwifi.com/selfcare/login

NOTE:  You may need to press the square button every time after selecting each letter/number/symbol when entering your username as for some reason the predictive text facility interferes.  Make sure no space is at the end when you succeed in doing this 😉 This doesn't affect you when entering password.  Do not enter upper case letters.  

Enjoy 🙂 

Message 7 of 14

Hi @wirelad2904  and welcome.

I'd be interested to know if @George1000 advice works so can you try that and let me know? Thanks @George1000 for posting that.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

My WiFi seems to have that essact problem. It connects to all the phones and smart tvs no problem however when it comes to any console I own in the house, Xbox or PlayStation it doesnt allow em to connect to play online or anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Thanks mate, really thought I was going to have to cancel but this saved the day, as you say the predictive text when entering username is such a pain, I had d to press square button four times to allow me to input the correct letter but got there in the end, once again thanks for sharing, have a great new year!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

George100 solution worked for me! Many thanks to George!
0 Ratings