cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Connecting a tablet to WiFi hotspot

Go to solution

When I try to connect to a BT WiFi hotspot my username & password are... rejected but I can logon to my own WiFi.. Any thoughts/tips please..

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Connecting a tablet to WiFi hotspot

Go to solution

You need to be the BT Broadband account holder and use your MyBT BTID username and password or be using the BT Broadband account holder's BTID and password.

See links 

Get wireless Internet | Find wi-fi hotspots | BT Wi-Fi (btwifi.co.uk)

What is BT Wi-fi and how do I get it? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

I am the account holder & am using my BT Windows email logon details..

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Is your home WiFi network a part of BT WiFi , part of being able to log into another BT WiFi hotspot and use it ,  is that you allow other BT WiFi ‘members’  to connect to yours ….if you have opted out to stop others using your WiFi connection  ( knowingly or not ) then you wouldn’t be allowed access to BT WiFi  .

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

@Jonboi

As already posted you need to use your BTID login username and password if you want to login to BTWIFI

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

I am but its not connecting..

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@Jonboi wrote:

I am but its not connecting..

Thanks for your post @Jonboi 

Sorry for the problems you're having.  Just to confirm - the details you use to log in are the same username and password you use to login to view your bills and stuff (BT ID).  Are those the details you have been trying?

If so, try resetting your password here:  I've forgotten MyBT login details (BT ID)

Post back whenever you're back online and we will take it from there.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Robbie, yes I am signing in with my BT website details, I have changed my password but  I can't login using my Amazon fire tablet , , I go to the BT Wifi home page & tick, Already a customer ? & fill in my details but I just  msg - please check you have entered the details correctly..

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks @Jonboi

When you are trying to connect to our BT Wi-Fi service, are you opening a web browser and going to a certain website? Or, are you trying to use our BT Wi-Fi app designed for iOS and android devices?

Do you have any other devices that you can use to try and access BT Wi-Fi for when you are out and about?

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi, I am trying to connect to BT wifi on an  Amazon Fire Tablet, I chose BT wifi from the list of options, it says it requires a BT sign in but my details are rejected... 

0 Ratings