cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Connection timeout and BTFON connection problems

Hi

I've had Bt Internet for a few months now and right from the start have encountered intermittent problems when trying to connect my iPhone and MacBook Pro to the Home Hub 3. Sometimes they will connect perfectly on the first attempt. Other times they will pause for a spell and then give an error message along the lines of "Cannot Connect. Connection timeout". If I have the patience, fiddling about with turning the device's Wifi off and on a few times, rebooting the homehub or simply just trying to connect over and over again will result in the connection finally being made. Once connected, there are no issues with dropouts or speed, it's just making the initial connection that's proving to be a real pain.

Similarly, when trying to connect to BTFON or BTOpenzone whilst at home (usually when getting frustrated at not managing to connect to my homehub's signal), which I assume are being transmitted via my own homehub, sometimes it sonnect, but more often than not, the browser just sits with a blank screen whilst trying to connect to the btopenzone page. I've found that rebooting the homehub will sometimes cure this problem, but I have no idea why and it's very frustrating.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Connection timeout and BTFON connection problems

Hi Douglasgrant,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I can take a look at this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with your details. You’ll find the “contact us” form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Suggy
Message 3 of 4

Hi

I am having the same very annoying problem re time out, connections dropping, having to use openzone when my 'normal' security protection just stops...........

Any help gratefully received

Cheers

Suggy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
drewr2010
Message 4 of 4

See? I guess they never got back to you cause they know there's a major fault with their apparent great services. I pay £15 for 5 days, and in reality I get 1 day's worth of connection time cause I can't connect!
0 Ratings