cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lincsflier19
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

DNS Problems

Hi probably an easy solution but can't find it anywhere.

Got this on screen

You are seeing this page because you are using a BT service which requires the use of BT DNS Servers and it appears that you are attempting to connect using a DNS server outside of our network.
Our BT Web Protect and BT Parental Controls services both require the use of our BT DNS to keep you safe online.
You may have selected a different server in your network settings or installed an application that uses an alternative service.

Don't have either of these products installed and some websites work some don't.  If I had to guess I would say it's the IPv6 domains causing the problem.

Anyone shed any light on this as need to use the Google DNS.

CHeers

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: DNS Problems

Have you checked on MyBT to see if either of those extras are showing as enabled, as they are network based, not device based?

0 Ratings
Lincsflier19
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

No they're both disabled.

0 Ratings
Lincsflier19
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Still unable to access heating or some websites even though both are switched off on my control panel.  Really need this off asap.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Madmitch2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

same poroblem with any other DNS. I use OpenVPN through DYNDNS.org.  BTServers prevent the access.  Disable BT webprotect wait a couple of hours for it to de-activate and all works again through your chosen DNS server route.  This worked for me.

Paul

0 Ratings
Goatee
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Pretty much the same issue for me ads discussed here

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/DNS-Issue/td-p/1720477

Been through all the suggested hoops over the past 3 weeks still no success, maybe you can try what was suggested to me in my threead but as yet for me nothing works

0 Ratings