Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Borrelpeff
Message 1 of 4

Data duplication on BT Cloud

Go to solution

I had to jump through numerous hoops to finally instal BT Cloud but nowI wonder if it is beyond my expertise.

After uploading data for cloud storage the data on my hard disk grew no smaller - worse than that, it increased. Then I found under Local Disc, User, User, BT Cloud what appears to be a dublicate of my BT cloud storage on my hard disk. Is this normal, and if not, what did I do wrong? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Data duplication on BT Cloud

Go to solution

Hi @Borrelpeff ,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Im sorry you're having problems with the Cloud. I think your best bet would be to contact the Cloud helpdesk directly. You can get them at 0800 500 3114. They'll be able to talk you through any problems. Can you give them a go and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Borrelpeff
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks for the number. Yes, I had those folders set to sync. and it seems they have to be stored on the laptop hard drive (and are duplicates of those on the BT cloud). The assistant removed the sync facility and deleted the files. Originals still (seem) to be on the computer and I have a whole lot of space back but will have to remember to back up any files that are later added to those folders.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back so quickly @Borrelpeff , really appreciate you taking time to do tat.

It sounds like you're sorted but if there's any other problems post back and we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings