Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gwaelod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Deactivating - BT Fon

I'm struggling to deactivate BT Fon on my Hub-6. 

I can't log in to the wifi  page http://www.btwifi.co.uk/ that is linked to from the settings page of the hub itself  

I have disabled it in the My Extras part of MyBT webpage and it shows as Inactive there.  but on my Hub managment pages BTWifi is still showing as Active and the Hub is still clearly broadcasting a FON signal

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Deactivating - BT Fon

if you have opted out of BTWIFI then it can take up to 28 days for it to show in your hub stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gwaelod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

It's been 7 days so far.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

21 to go

0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

If you go back into My Extras and Active the BT Wifi and wait couple of hours and then go back into My Extras and Opt Out of BT Wifi. It should take no more than 48 hours until your hub shows Not Active. I’ve done this many times and it always worked within 48 hours. 

gwaelod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Worth a try I suppose.... will report back in 48hrs!
0 Ratings
gwaelod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Ok - tried that it hasn't worked.

reactivated it in MyBT - waited 6 hrs then de-activated it again.  it's now more than 3 days later and BT Fon AP is still broadcasting from my hub (yes it is my hub its not coming from a neighbour)

0 Ratings