cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfw127
Message 1 of 4

Delete entire category say Music

Go to solution

When originally signed up selected most items without realising impact. Now need to clean up what is stored on BT Cloud. Wish to delete all my Music and perhaps Documents stored thereon. How do I proceed without individually deleting thousands of files?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Delete entire category say Music

Go to solution

@mfw127 wrote:

When originally signed up selected most items without realising impact. Now need to clean up what is stored on BT Cloud. Wish to delete all my Music and perhaps Documents stored thereon. How do I proceed without individually deleting thousands of files?

If you are using the desktop app on a Windows pc:-

You can delete multiple files of a type by sorting and selecting them in the BT Cloud sync folder, using Windows selection methods.

This will delete files in the BT Cloud app (presumably after doing a resync).

This will then send those files to the trash folder, which you can empty.

A very indirect method, perhaps....

You should try this firstly by deleting just one or two files from the sync folder.

I am still using BT Cloud since installing on first release. In my case it stores files from a data logging device.

Note that a new update to the Desktop app has come through within the past week....Awaiting details of changes.

Highlighted
mfw127
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi, Delayed replying as had 295,000 files but your solution worked. Needed to also remove backup in settings and remove  devices the move to trash function is so cumbersome even in Trash. Am eventually back to zero and can now select what I want as limited by SSD as my C drive.

0 Ratings
andy188
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

found an easier way, ignore the Windows tools - use the IOS Cloud app off iphone or ipad to delete -  so much simpler and intuitive. Much better interface.

Wish BT would redesign the destop app.  Well overdue.

0 Ratings