Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 41

Re: Delete parental controls... HELP!

Go to solution

That's a pity you think they are idiots at BT because I am going to ask the moderators of the forum to have a look at this for you.

They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 41

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 23 of 41

Go to solution

Hi steveeyre, 

Thanks for your post. 

Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch to help. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
jsmith988
Message 24 of 41

Go to solution
Thank's for the link you posted. was having same issues as previous posts. Have modified Truster Rapport and so far so good 🙂
0 Ratings
Maggiel04
Beginner
Message 25 of 41

Go to solution

Hi

Can anyone tell me how this situation was resolved.  We have the same problem and have deleted parental controls on Mybt, cleared the cache, reset the hub but my son still cannot access sites needed for his schoolwork or even Google!  Any advice appreciated because I know there is no point in calling BT as they do not listen to what the problem is they just read their script!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 41

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Iudex_phil
Message 27 of 41

Go to solution

I THINK I've solved this problem. 

I  use the Unblck-Us VPN which was woorking fine until i turned on Parental controls on BT, then no website would load and I just got BT's screen about it not being their DNS. 

after several days of trying different stuff It has started working again. 

I disabled the parental controls but that didn't do anything

about a day after i also hit the "delete settings" button which is below the toggle on/off button on the security settings page. 

A day after that it still wasn't working so after half an hour on the phone to BT they sugested turning the Router off and on again. (yes I should have thought of this myself) 

I don't know if they also did somthing their end while i was on the phone to them but this seemed to have worked. Now have full access again. 

and I definitely won't be EVER turnning on parental controls again. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
pnefirst
Beginner
Message 28 of 41

BT Protect and Rapport

Go to solution

I switched on BT Protect and immediately started getting what I took to be spurious Blocked Parental Control Page DNS Messages.  Being an idiot I thought that if I switched off  BT Protect then the messages would disappear.  They did not.

I investigated and found that the problem relates to Trusteer Rapport and the 'Added on Sites'.  In simple terms any site that you add yourself to Rapport gets blocked by BT Protect/Parental Controls.  Wrong anyway but I had switched off BT Protect and Parental Controls was never switched on.

I am still in touch with BT support.  I have done all the router restart stuff, cleared caches, reinstalled browsers, even tried a different router.  This seemed to work for a time but then - back came the Block Page.

Has anyone had this problem?  Any advice on fixing it would be much appreciated.  I am guessing that deep in the heart of the BT System something thinks that BT Protect/Parental Controls is still active.

Oh how I wish that I had never heard of BT Protect!

0 Ratings
martino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 41

Re: BT Protect and Rapport

Go to solution

Oh yes same problem, see my post and answers...

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-from-BT/BT-protect-problem/td-p/1550518

Tonight I gave it another go, activated Protect ,disabled sites manually stored in Rapport, reset router, cleared browsing history and in firefox all appeared ok. In crome not so good, seemed to work for a bit then block screen reappeared. By this time ,2 hours, I had begun to 'lose the plot', so I'm not sure of sequence. I'll have another go in the week by disabling Rapport completly and seeing what's what.

0 Ratings
martino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 41

Re: BT Protect and Rapport

Go to solution

By the way I have never activate Parental controls.

0 Ratings