cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Device limit reached but all locked and can't remove

Morning!

So I've been with BT for about 4 years, in that time I may have watched bt tv on two devices but I honestly don't remember...it certainly wasn't within the last 2 years so any such devices have long been replaced. Now I come to have a need to watch it on my ipad it appears I can't. Both devices are showing padlocked and I can't see anywhere to remove them. I don't really want to pay extra to unlock the other two devices as I only want to use it upstairs in my room when hubby's got sport on downstairs. I've been in contact with BT 3 times in the last week about this. The first time was via live chat who told me to change my password and all devices would be automatically logged out...this didn't work and now I have yet another password to remember! Then I had another live chat the next day and the lady told me it would be done within 24 hours...it wasn't. So I gave it another 24 hours and then rang them. The person answering told me they had raised a ticket with the maintainence team (or something) and they would call me back the next day...they didn't. It's now another 3 days later and I'm really hoping someone can help on here? I don't think I own either of the registered devices anymore so I literally just need them both deleting, surely it can't be that hard?

Here's hoping!

Thanks, Jo 🙂

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Device limit reached but all locked and can't remove

Hi @jmcnal2020 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having watching BT TV on your iPad.  I understand that you have the maximum devices currently registered and you're having problems removing one of the older devices to add your iPad.

Due to the problems you've been having making this change on your profile, we will pick this up and give you a hand from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Device limit reached but all locked and can't remove

Thank you, I hope you can help 🙂

Jo

0 Ratings