cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ianw60
Message 1 of 3

Device management for BT TV

Similar to other members - BT TV app was used on iPhone & iPad. iPad died & I replaced it in April but the app still won’t let me add the new iPad as a second device!! Tried to ring helpline - cut off TWICE, engaged in an online chat with no resolution and then told I would be telephoned by the help team but the lady that rang didn’t understand and initially said BT TV doesn’t work on an iPad!! Put through to another person who after a total of 40 mins said I would have to be contacted by another help team, probably tomorrow. No one could tell me why there is such a delay or even when the 30days to add a further device was/is up - no further on. Really unsatisfactory system when replacing defunct device - should be able to replace immediately. Also frustrating as I’m still paying the bills in full. Any advice??

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Device management for BT TV

You can change a device every 30 days @Ianw60, so if you hadn't changed a device in the 30 days prior to your iPad failing then you should have been able to register your new one straight away.

I've had the same problem myself in the past with Sky, you need someone to clear the old slot for you. I can only suggest calling 0800 111 4567 and insisting on proper technical assistance. 

This is where 'Customer Support' falls down, too many are employed reading from screens without any product knowledge whatsoever, it's a widespread problem.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Device management for BT TV

Hi @Ianw60

As @Andy005 has suggested try asking if they can reset your device management. Are you due a call back?

0 Ratings