cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Difficulty in moving from BT Virus Protect to Nortons

Go to solution

I am having problems moving to Nortons.  I am an OAP and have not been brought up on tech. I have followed the instuctions and when it comes to Agree and Download it asks me to Save File and then CTRl + J to view and download.  Then click on EXE File and follow instructions.  I do not understand these instructions.  Can you help me please.  Also, I assume that the Norton programme is included in the price I pay as was BT Virus Protect.  Thank You

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Difficulty in moving from BT Virus Protect to Nortons

Go to solution

I also found those instructions unhelpful. I can't see the need to 'save file' or press 'CTRL+J'. Just ignore it.

On a Windows 10 desktop PC,  I pressed 'agree & download', then in the bottom left hand corner could see the file downloading. Wait 'til it's finished, then go to the 'downloads' folder on you PC, and click on the icon that looks like this;

Norton download..jpg

After that, just follow the on screen instructions (good luck with that!), and that should be that!

Norton is a replacement for the old McAfee software, and is included in your package.

Let us know how you get on.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @iansally

Thank you for your post and welcome back.

I'm sorry for the confusion changing your BT Virus Protect to Norton.  I know where you are at.  I can see that you've managed to get as far as Norton's website.

Once you have clicked on "Agree & Download" it would have added the file to "your downloads" section of your browser.  CTRL & J will bring up the folder as advised.  What browser is it you're using and is it a Windows device?

Let me know and we'll take it from there.

**Edit** post crossed with @apoplectic.  Some sound advice right there.  @iansally Please follow the guidance above and keep us posted 😊

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Think it has gone through. I have the Nortons/BT logo on screen so assume my laptop is protected. Many Thanks for your help
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Your help as done the trick. I believe my laptop is protected. Thanks a lot.