cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Digital Voice - Ringing, but no Ringing

Hi,

I recently started the digital voice service and have successfully registered 2 handsets. I can dial out and call my own Vodafone mobile, for example. But when I try and ring my (digital) landline number from my mobile, I can hear it ringing (on the mobile) but the digital essential handset does not ring. 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Digital Voice - Ringing, but no Ringing

Hi @astr 

Has it been this way since your DV service went live? What shows on the DV handsets when you dial from your mobile, is it the just the normal standby display?

The few problems that I've had with DV have been solved by a reset of the Smart Hub 2, so I would try that first. Are you FTTP or FTTC?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi Andy - thanks for quick reply.

Went live yesterday and been like that since. Handset display does not change at all (remains blank as when not in use). We are FTTC - definitely not to property.

Does a reset mean back to factory settings? Haven't changed much other than wifi password, but its pretty much out of the box in the past few days.

Thanks again.
A.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Yes it does reset back to factory settings, I would try that first but there is also a reset option in the handset menu, select Settings and scroll to the bottom to reset.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Also, in Settings on the handset there's an option for Line Settings.  Then select Call Settings, I have Call Mode set to Single Call rather than Multi Call. I found that on Multi Call two calls would cause one handset to act similar to what you're experiencing. It may have been fixed in updates but I just leave it on Single Call. A reset of the SH2 would fix this. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thanks again, Andy. I'll try your suggestions on both the hub and handsets.
0 Ratings