Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krs84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Disable BT FON?

Go to solution

Hello all,

I placed an order for FTTP about 6 weeks ago and everything was setup yesterday. I see that FON is enabled by default and it's something I'm never going to use so I'd also like to disable it from my network. Is there a setting in the Smart Hub 2 to disable this auto-on service because at first glance I couldn't see it.

I don't have my BT account number as I've not yet received anything with it on which prevents me from being able to activate my "BT ID" despite getting an email almost every day reminding me to activate it since I placed the FTTP order.

As some feedback this really should be an opt in/out at the time of placing the order. I'm sure the system works for some people but I just don't like the idea of it.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Disable BT FON?

Go to solution

Until you have a BTID you will be unable to opt out. It is not just a question of disabling it from your hub, it also has to be disabled on a network basis to prevent access to the service by your BTID.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12958/~/how-do-i-opt-out-of-bt-wi-fi%3F

The system is completely secure and has absolutely no impact on your own service and is a useful feature when out and about and no other public wifi is available.

krs84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. I've asked for the account number which has to come via post which I needed anyway to view other account details.

0 Ratings
davidwf
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I just get the message 

Sorry something's gone wrong

There's been a problem getting your account details.
We have registered this problem and will be looking into it shortly.

as it has been for many months

I do not want BT Wifi as we have never used it and I dont want others using mine....simple enough request surely

0 Ratings