cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob6
Message 1 of 7

Disable BT-Fon !!

Go to solution

Hi could someone please disable this BT-Fon on my router?

I used a Yahoo email to setup my BT account and now can't login to the BT/Fon website as it says my email is invalid, even though i can logon to BT and see my bill etc.

I've tried chat help, after giving them all the info they couldn't help so they gave me a phone number who put me through to two different people, then I sat there waiting an unreasonable amount of time...with no answer.

Please can you disable my BT-Fon for me?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Disable BT-Fon !!

Go to solution

@rob6 Thanks for posting, I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you. To opt out you need to login to your MyBT account at www.bt.com/mybt and go to the My Extras section. From there you can opt out of the BT Wifi/Fon service.

Let me know if this helps.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the info.  I have followed this thread and it says on my BT inclusive extras that my BT WIFI is now 'inactive' (as of this evening) but my computer still detects BT FON and BTWIFI-X.  Does it take a while for the signal to be lost and/or the deactivation process to take effect?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

It can take up to 28 days.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I see.  Thank you very much for the quick reply.

0 Ratings
factorD
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I would disagree with the 28 days claim. Usually it would take up to 24 hours for BT Wifi servers to sync to your hub. At least that was the case with my previous hubs 4 & 5 in my experience. However since I am on my second hub6 (first one packed within 24 hours of being connected out of the box, following firmware update), second one took a while (more than a week) but I persisted complaining. If someone says that it can take up to 28 days this I find it hard to believe comes from official support guys.

If it does, it's time to fly the nest.

0 Ratings
najafhaider
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi

Just a quick question.

I am new to BT.

If the opt-out can be done from MyBT page, why is it still suggested on forums to opt out by going to bt.com/btfon?

Thanks

0 Ratings