cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jethro
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Disabling BT Wifi login request at home

Having quickly scanned the community I cannot find a specific solution to solve my problem - apologies if it's out there somewhere!

Issue is that when I come home or turn on my phone ( Samsung S8 ), it keeps displaying the BT WiFi login page despite automatically logging into my Home Hub ( Standard Broadband only) - I do want to keep BT WiFi available for visitors. I wondered if the BT WiFi app is 'faster' than the Home Hub in registering my phone. I also want to be able to login to BT WiFi when I am out and about so turning off BT WiFi is not really an option.

I know it's not a serious issue but v. annoying - is there a fix out there please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Disabling BT Wifi login request at home

@jethrowrote:

Having quickly scanned the community I cannot find a specific solution to solve my problem - apologies if it's out there somewhere!

Issue is that when I come home or turn on my phone ( Samsung S8 ), it keeps displaying the BT WiFi login page despite automatically logging into my Home Hub ( Standard Broadband only) - I do want to keep BT WiFi available for visitors. I wondered if the BT WiFi app is 'faster' than the Home Hub in registering my phone. I also want to be able to login to BT WiFi when I am out and about so turning off BT WiFi is not really an option.

I know it's not a serious issue but v. annoying - is there a fix out there please?

Have you told your phone to "ignore" that connection? 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

If you have the BTWifi app set up you should not see the BTWifi logon page. That is the purpose of the app, it logs you on automatically to BTWifi when in range and thus negates the need for the log on page.

If you go into the BTWif app settings make sure that you have ticked the box "automatically connect me to my Homehub when in range".

Sometimes, not all, when I have used BTWifi when out and about, when I return home it connects to the BTWifi signal rather than my home network. I have found that if I "forget" the BTWifi network from the connections it does not connect to BTWifi again until I have used reused BTWifi when out and about.

jethro
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Thanks - Have set up the auto login but not tested yet  - I cannot see the option re the Home Hub anywhere in the BT WiFi app

0 Ratings
jethro
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Thanks - if I ignore the BT WiFi connection at home does that mean it ignores the BT WiFi connections out and about?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@jethro wrote:

Thanks - if I ignore the BT WiFi connection at home does that mean it ignores the BT WiFi connections out and about?

Iv'e found from past experience that if you set to  ignore your wifi connection at home, then you can still auto connect with BT WiFi when out and about.

As GG says, there's the odd time when you return home the phone will first connect to BT WIFi when returning home but it reconnects to your hub after 20 seconds or so.
This is more likely to happen if you have shut down your phone and restarted it at home.

Have found it best to keep the phone in a standby state - powered on, but with data and WiFi disabled, then set as and when required. 

0 Ratings