cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Do not update the new BT cloud backup

Has anybody else experienced the absolute abomination of the new BT Cloud update?

If you haven’t updated yet and you get a request to do so leave well alone. The previous dashboard which BT had was far more integrated which gave all of the relevant information you would need for example how much space you have left how much of each type of file is using and so on, when the new update came in it was like it had been rolled back to 20 years ago with just a basic menu box with no indication how you are supposed to restore your files or anything else, the update has not been an improvement but a complete disaster

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Do not update the new BT cloud backup

@cwking wrote:

Has anybody else experienced the absolute abomination of the new BT Cloud update?

Does this thread answer that?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

Wow; that's grown fast. I swear it was barely 500 posts just a couple of days ago

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

The whole appearance of the dashboard and the preference windows are useless giving limited information and very unstable. Un able to move or alter the dashboard from its current location in the bottom right-hand corner of screen.  Although I have not verified it yet, when uploading 100GB to cloud, it took down most of the bandwidth of the Download space hence unable to download any data. Paused the uploads and all was OK. Bring back the old version. It worked. “If it an ’it broke, don’t fix it”

Message 5 of 6

To add to this dreadful update .. I see there is no way you can find out how much storage you have used , unless there is something hidden I have missed?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Damn, wish i seen this before upgrading. What an absolute mess they have made of this.

It's like they took something that was good and got it redeveloped by fridge engineers... thats so bad I can barely believe it got through testing phases.

0 Ratings