cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
memeh
Message 1 of 3

Dodgy search engine

Go to solution

I have tried many times to change the default search engine back to firefox, google etc.. but it keeps coming back. I know have 2 search engines ! One is 'nuesearch' and the other is 'Lucky123'. I already have BT Antivirus and I have tried to contact BTfor a helpline number but no luck. Not sure what i'm paying for !

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Liam_
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Dodgy search engine

Go to solution

Hi,

Looks like someone may have 'accidentally' let something be installed.  Like browser toolbar or some such.  Do a search online for hijackthis, it usually sorts out the junk.

Folks really need to be careful what they click on and actually read the info during a software install which often includes 'helpful' browser add on items.  Next thing is get yourself a proper antivirus program.  The free Avast seems to be recommended.  I prefer my paid for Endpoint.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Dodgy search engine

Go to solution

It has nothing to do with BT. You have malware on your computer and it is hijacking your browser.

You should download and run Malwarebytes and clear anything it finds. Also run ADWCleaner. It will find anything Malwarebytes misses.

0 Ratings