cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: Does Smarttalk have reliability issues?

from memory I think smarttalk was uninstalled then I think skype was instaleed which brought back the standard dialler then installed smarttalk again.  I didn't have the problem so never needed to try it so memory might be not quite right.  there are other posts on the same subject it you use search

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

I am not sure that relates to my problem. My problem isn't about a default setting or anything.

Every time I try to ring someone I am given the option of dialler or smarttalk. I choose dialler but it dials through smarttalk.

I have now uninstalled smarttalk. I will reinstall later and see if it works.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

from memory there is an option at start to select smarttalk as default.  I don't have the problem on my S2 or HTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 17

Haribo wrote:

I tried making a call this morning on my mobile and it came up with the choice of using the dialler or smarttalk. I chose the dialler but it still opened up smarttalk and started dialling through that. I repeated and it keeps happening.

When more than one app with a keyboard is installed Android phones may offer a default choice when making a call. The problem in the other thread is that once a default has been chosen there is no straightforward way of changing it. So if SmartTalk is chosen in error a workaround is needed to undo it; that involved temporarily downloading another keyboard app (eg Skype), which reactivated the default choice to allow the native dialler to be chosen.

You seem to have acquired a related problem. While SmartTalk is not installed try downloading Skype. If that brings the default option back to life, choose the native dialler then uninstall Skype. Reinstall SmartTalk and make sure that when the default option appears again you choose the native dialler.

Hopefully this will get you to the position where you get the native dialler when you choose Phone, and need to tap the app when you want to use SmartTalk. You can of course leave the choices, but that could lead to using the wrong dialler in error.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Haribo
Contributor
Message 15 of 17

I shall try this tonight. I think skype may already be on the phone but I will uninstall it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 17

If Skype was already on the phone when you got it you probably won't be able to uninstall it. Hopfully anything with a dialler will revive the default option - there are a number of alternative diallers in Google play.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Haribo
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Got this working now after simply reinstalling ST.

I have also swapped out my HH3 for a Thomson 585 v8 and don't seem to get the drop outs during calls any more. So all sorted.

Brilliant app.

0 Ratings