cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Downloading BT Cloud sub-folders doesn't download the files

I have many folders and sub-folders containing many files on BT Cloud.  They were copied there WITHOUT using the Backup facility or the Sync facility.  If I download a folder containing sub-folders the sub-folders' files are not copied. Is there a solution to this?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Downloading BT Cloud sub-folders doesn't download the files

Same for me. Did you find an answer? Its so frustrating.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Same issue - restored laptop after crash and set up sync again - system has downloaded every folder and subfolder but every folder contains no files

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I opened a complaint with BT a year ago now. I do get updated every month with the status and it now seems that it has been investigated and has been recognised as a known issue and waiting to be resolved.

The best thing to do for anyone else experiencing this issue is to open a complaint with BT in order to raise the priority of the problem. If they know many are affected they're more likely to fix it.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for the reply - good to see it is being investigated. The problem is, you only find this out when you have an issue - otherwise you assume everything is OK in the background.
I will do as suggested and raise it as a complaint
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Astonishing that this is still an issue a year on! Has anyone a quick work around for this?

With thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@Slim21wrote:

Astonishing that this is still an issue a year on! Has anyone a quick work around for this?

Search the Forum for Selective Download. It has been explained several times and does download sub-directories.

Starting from message 6 here should be easy to follow :

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/How-can-I-download-all-of-my-folders-on-BT...

Message 8 of 10

Hi @GeoffSmith ,

Thanks for the quick response. I am looking to download/restore documents that were saved to BT Cloud from my PC. I want to restore them to my MAC. I do not want to set up an auto sync, just to download the documents stored on BT Cloud. The link you kindly sent is for the BT App and from what I can see, this does not have the options shown in the screenshots to download from the cloud, only to do selective directories to sync and then download. When I try from logging onto BT Cloud in a browser, I do not get any of the options for selective directories (nor the settings cog).

I hope the above makes sense (!) and thanks again for your quick response.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@Slim21wrote:

Hi @GeoffSmith ,

Thanks for the quick response. I am looking to download/restore documents that were saved to BT Cloud from my PC. I want to restore them to my MAC. I do not want to set up an auto sync, just to download the documents stored on BT Cloud. The link you kindly sent is for the BT App and from what I can see, this does not have the options shown in the screenshots to download from the cloud, only to do selective directories to sync and then download. When I try from logging onto BT Cloud in a browser, I do not get any of the options for selective directories (nor the settings cog).

I hope the above makes sense (!) and thanks again for your quick response

You are right that Selective Download doesn't work in a browser. 

I don't understand what you mean by "only to do selective directories to sync and then download", as Sync is not involved. Once Selective Download is set up it's a straight download, and very fast in my experience.

Unless there's something different with the BT app on a Mac, I can't see why it won't do what you want.

The User Guide (to which I can't now find a link) says :Selective Download.jpg

Message 10 of 10

Hi @GeoffSmith ,

Sorry for not being clear. The BT Cloud app was forcing me to create a folder to sync with before it would let me do anything. Once I did that, and set that sync folder to download only, it then let me proceed with downloading my documents from the stored directories in the cloud.

It wasn't obvious and it would only let me select one folder at a time but it did then download all the subfolders and files contained within that folder/directory so I did achieve what I needed.

Thank you for pointing me to the discussion, without which I would not have been able to retrieve all my files.

🙂

0 Ratings