cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Error! It doesn't look (sic) you're eligible for BT Cloud on this BT ID

A similar problem to that reported by bbeettaa on another thread. If I try to log in to BT Cloud from my desktop the app doesn't even get beyond a blank window before Windows reports an error. If I go to the cloud through MY BT then I can log on (note that of course to do this I have to log on to MY BT - which I can do obvously). If I go directly to BT Cloud login from Googling it then I get the error "Error! It doesn't look you're eligible for BT Cloud on this BT ID etc etc".

Yes I am using my primary BT ID, yes the password is correct, yes I have removed the BT Cloud app from my laptop and re-installed it, yes I have looked through the forum posts on this topic and hence came up with bbeettaa's very similar problem.

One thing worthy of note is that I can access BT Cloud from the desktop of another laptop!! Which points to a problem with my primary laptop. I thought it could be my firewall so I made sure that the settings on both firewalls were identical but still no joy. (BTW firewall provided by Bitdefender.)

So although it seems that BT techs solved the problem for bbeettaa by wiping out his profile on the Cloud servers it would seem that there could be a simpler solution waiting to be found. Beyond me though!! Anybody any further suggestions?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Error! It doesn't look (sic) you're eligible for BT Cloud on this BT ID

Hi,

That's a very odd one - I would expect the service to not work at all if it was a BT profile issue. As you say, the fact it does work on another machine suggests something fishy with the main computer. Did you try turning the BitDefender firewall off completely, to see if that makes a difference?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Hi JoeeeeeeR Yes. I turned it off and just the same. The other strange thing is that as soon as I double click the desktop shortcut I get the the blank BT Cloud window followed immediately by the standard Win 10 error "BT Cloud has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." This is followed very shortly by the next window stating "BT Cloud has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Windows never does notify me of a solution.

BT Cloud used to work fine until a couple of days ago. I am at a loss to explain what has gone wrong.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
cnelms
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I get this every time.  The funny thing is, that if I click on the words "logging in" in the second line of this 4 line error message it takes me straight in anyway.

0 Ratings