cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RadoXX
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

FON SSID

Hello everyone! Just a quick question,when i have plugged bt router in my power outlet, why i cant see channel with FON name when i do scan wifi with my phone? Where can i enable this option? does it enables in router settings?

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: FON SSID

Is the BT router connected to a BT broadband line as well as just being powered up?

0 Ratings
RadoXX
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

No,its not active atm as i have issue with my line.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Then there won't be a BT wifi signal, it uses your broadband line.

0 Ratings
RadoXX
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Can you please explain a bit more how does it work?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

only when you have hub connected to BT broadband will you see BTWIFI/FON in the available networks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

The BTwifi signal uses a separate network on your hub which connects via your broadband. If there is no BT broadband line connected to your hub then there would be no internet connection for anybody connecting so the Hub is clever enough to stop transmitting the BTwifi signal when it is not receiving a broadband signal.

0 Ratings
RadoXX
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

As far as i heard,Fon software embeeded into routers to provide separate channel, how this is related to landline? I do not understand.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

How do you think it connects to the internet?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

If your own broadband was working there would be no need for you to connect to BTWifi-Fon. Instead you would connect to your own Smarthub.

If your broadband is not working yet you won't be able to connect to the  BTWifi-Fon coming from your Smarthub. If you have a neighbour nearby and they have BT Broadband they will also be transmitting BTWifi-Fon and you should be able to connect to their signal or "hotspot"

Have a look at this link

https://www.btwifi.co.uk/help/common-questions/

0 Ratings