cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Facebook etc being blocked by BT

I wonder if anyone can help with this. Yesterday I made the mistake of looking at my parental controls, as I wanted to be able to turn off paternal controls after 9pm. It seemed straight forward, I looked at the custom settings, which looked right and added the time where I wanted the control switched off. Easy....

Except almost as soon as I click done, many sites seemed to instantly become blocked, such as roblox.com for the kids and many others. Which made no sense as these were already allowed. So I trawled through all the sites we use and add them as allowed websites. Even thought social media and gaming were apparently OK to use. Pretty much every hour for the rest of the day , heard 'Dad this site doesn't work etc etc' So my list of allowed sites grows and grows. 

But the final straw has been facebook, nothing I try seems to let us re-connect. I have its listed as an approved site both as facebook.com and m.facebook.com. Web Security is switched off as well, reboot the hub etc.

If I switch to 4G everything works fine.

I am totally baffled, its easier to visit a 'bad' site than facebook. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Facebook etc being blocked by BT

Hi @montymunky welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with parental controls settings, what filter level have you selected? If you're using the Facebook apps then you'd need to allow the URL's the app uses which may not be the same as the normal website URL. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Facebook etc being blocked by BT

Hi @NeilO 

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have added facebook.com and m.facebook.com to the allowed sites, the problem seems to have spawned through anything that has a link to Facebook like Instagram as well. Even though both are added to the list of allowed sites.

This is for both PC's and Mobiles / so apps and webpages. However using 4G all the devices work fine loading the apps and web pages all be it slower. It even works if I login to my Hub generated BT Wifi account. But never when using the actual house Hub. So there is something not right with the security profile. 

I will phone for support on Monday.

0 Ratings