cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Family members connecting to WiFi hotspots

Go to solution

Hi, just joined BT broadband. I have downloaded the BT Wi-Fi App to use the hotspots on my mobile device. But how can my family members use the BT Wi-Fi, do they need my log-in details? or can they create their own using the same account? cannot find instructions regarding this...Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Family members connecting to WiFi hotspots

Go to solution

The Wi-Fi details are your BT ID, the same information required for access your full BT account, so be careful who you give access to.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Only the BT Broadband account holder's details can use  BTWifi.

You can enter and store the log on details in the app so if you set the app up on their devices they do not need to be given your password if you would prefer to keep it private.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Hi, thanks. is that through the settings>connection profile?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

When you download and install the app you have to enter the users details, ie your BTID and password, so that it logs on. You should do that on all the devices and that way it will automatically log on when in range of a BTWifi signal.

If you have already set it up you will not need to do anything as the details should already be stored.

If you set the BTWifi app up using other details they will not work and you would be best to uninstall then reinstall the app and set it up again.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Ok got it thanks 

0 Ratings