Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nickbrace23
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Fastest way to upload?

Hi all,

I've just started using BT cloud and I have 80gb of pictures to upload. It's only uploading 3gb each night (do it over night as it slows down the WiFi so much). I have my laptop plugged into an ethernet port on my BT home hub 4. I've used port 1 and 2 but not tried 3/4 yet.

I thought I'd check on here to see if there's any way of speeding up this task? We don't have fibre and our local cabinet is full so that's not an option.

Thanks in advance.

Nick
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Fastest way to upload?

Welcome to this user forum.

Using any Cloud service on ADSL broadband is going to be a problem due to the slow upload speed.

You really need to have it running all of the time, but unfortunately none of the BT home hubs have any form of QOS (Quality Of Service) controls to prevent one device or application taking over all of the bandwidth and slowing everything else down.

I do not use a BT Home hub, for that very reason. I use my own router which has the ability to assign upload tasks in the background, so they do not interfere with any other users.

I can then leave any Cloud services running all of the time, as I have 100GB stored on Google Drive.

If you look on my Forumhelp  website main menu, item number 5, you will see which router I use.

0 Ratings