cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fixed ip

I’m extremely pleased with 900Mbs+ but I’m trying to feed local plane flight data to a worldwide hub hat requires a static up!

Please excuse my ignorance (and laziness in not searching BT’s website) but can BT supply a fixed ip? I guess it would be expensive …

Kind Regards

Hugh

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fixed ip

BT residential accounts are dynamic IP's, BT Business can offer a static IP but that could be more costly than a residential account.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@h_milsom wrote:

I’m extremely pleased with 900Mbs+ but I’m trying to feed local plane flight data to a worldwide hub hat requires a static up!

Please excuse my ignorance (and laziness in not searching BT’s website) but can BT supply a fixed ip? I guess it would be expensive …

Kind Regards

Hugh

Does it have to be an actual IP address the site requires or can you use a hostname and a dynamic DNS service such as No-Ip or DynDNS that tracks your IP as it changes.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@h_milsom 

As BT residential uses dynamic IP addresses, if you have to host a server, then you would need to use a DDNS service which allows you to create a hostname which tracks your public IP address using the dynamic IP options within the BT Home hub. No-IP is one such service.

0 Ratings