cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunbeam11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Flickr Pro Account

My 'spare' Flickr account is marked 'Pro'. I  believe this was given to me as part of a broadband package some time ago.

Flickr under Smugmug is decoupling from Yahoo and holding non -Pro (free)  accounts to ransom -  as in Go Pro or we delete your photos.

So I'd like to know if my Pro BT account will stay paid for by BT or is it about to be deleted/removed/ held to ransom?

Does anyone know?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Flickr Pro Account

Have a look at this thread and in particular the moderators message 19 and the last message 22.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Flickr-amp-BT-Yahoo-accounts/td-p/1849062/page/2

0 Ratings
sunbeam11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks

I am not sure though that any of these posts or links really  help me.

Yes on one FAQ it says Pro members will remain Pro members', but that I think refers to those already paying themselves for Pro membership. I cannot see anywhere what will happen to those Pro members who were being paid for by BT.

I have decided to be a bit proactive and am downloading the 4/5GB of photos from my Free account. I will monitor the Pro account and see what happens and meanwhile take the risk of keeping all those photos on a local hard drive until I can find a safe haven online.

N

0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 4 of 5

@sunbeam11

It isn't clear what could happen but I think the link was provided as it indicates BT no longer has any connection or account with Flickr. 

It is of course unwise to assume anything.  Are you able to contact Flickr support and ask them about the "spare" account?  I would "assume" it's an old account that maybe incorrectly listed as "Pro" and would revert to Free again at some point. 

Did you say you have another Flickr account already? 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
sunbeam11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I always had a Free account and never used the Pro account from BT. 

Asking Flickr anything was never much use and even less so now.

I'll download the lot and wait and see if Pro disappears from next to my name on the BT account

SmugMug are going to get an enormous pay day next month  when everyone (or almost everyone)  stumps up for Pro rather than go through the hassle that I am!

But as a point of principle I will not have my photos held to ransom

N

0 Ratings