cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wrichards
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Given BT Mobile to a child, who is made Primary ID, now manages spend and parental controls.

WOW.. I really cannot believe this. 

I have managed parental controls and spend in my household with my BT ID for two years. 

I recently passed a BT mobile sim to my 16 year old sibling. She was prompted to create a BT ID through the BT app which she duly did. 

Afterwhich, my BT ID was downgraded to 'secondary' and I LOST CONTROL OF SPEND AND PARENTAL CONTROLS to a CHILD! 

So I call BT - there is nothing they can do for me to regain control of the account, I have to log into the accounts and do this MYSELF. 

Furthermore, if any of the children with access to a BT mobile and our account number (which is plastered over the BT mobile sim documentation) choose to login again - they would be GIVEN THE OPTION TO TAKE CONTROL AGAINThis means they could set their own spending limits, access X-RATED websites at HOME and on MOBILE, and even BUY new products, indeed my 16 year old sister has been permitted to do any of this for the last WEEK

This is unbelieveable - and BT CANNOT EVEN ASSIST!. 

Safeguarding of children issue much?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Wrichards
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Given BT Mobile to a child, who is made Primary ID, now manages spend and parental controls.

Just to clarify - BT gave control of PARENTAL CONTROL and SPEND across the whole household, including LANDLINE, BROADBAND, BT TV and ALL BT MOBILE SIMS.

Can anybody advise what to do? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Given BT Mobile to a child, who is made Primary ID, now manages spend and parental controls.

Hi Wrichards,

I'm really sorry about that, if you need any help with your BT ID please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings