cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

HH3 and Western Digital MyCloud (WD MyCloud) - PLEASE HELP!

I am thoroughly frustrated and beginning to wonder if this is a HH3 problem rather than one made by WD.

My WD MyCloud 3TB is new.  I want to be able to backup my laptop and my PC and my wife's laptop, but cannot justify cloud space at the 1TB+ level. I've already nearly 1TB of pictures, music and files; even differential backups add a significant space requirement each time they are run.

The MyCloud is on the network, IP address ending 101 fixed. The device itself is set to the same fixed IP address.

The ports it requires are 8080 and 8443; I've set them up in

BTHOMEHUB3 - Settings - Advanced - Port Forwarding - Supported Applications - WD My Cloud

Then allocated that, using

BTHOMEHUB3 - Settings - Advanced - Port Forwarding - Configuration

Then added DMZ routing to the device

BTHOMEHUB3 - Settings - Advanced - Port Forwarding - DMZ - WDMyCloud

On the MyCloud, whenever I set Cloud Access to ON, it searches, then says "Failed".

I've posted pictures on the WD support forum, where the issue shows up regularly but threads get locked before a full solution shows.   WD Community posting

PC World tell me dozens of people have bought from the local store alone. WD MyCloud gets good reviews .  What is anyone doing to make this work, or are they just using it for local storage?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: HH3 and Western Digital MyCloud (WD MyCloud) - PLEASE HELP!

This link should help. The IP address should be outside of the DHCP range for reliable results.

Port forwarding problems

0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Keith.  I should  get some time to try this out in the next day or two. There does seem as if there might be a problem at the WD end too. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

It seems as though the WD end is the problem.  Their mycloud service is down.   They don't have a service status page,  only reporting it in  the forums. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

If you need any more help, then post back on this thread. If you find the problem, then please mark this thread as solved. Thanks

0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Well,  for me the question is now moot. I've returned the mycloud device. I am not wasting my life any more on trying to fix it. Good luck to anyone who is having the sort of trouble I did.

I've got a Toshiba 2TB USB 3 drive for now,  and I'm investigating  either a home server or a synology NAS box. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

There is quite good support for Synology on this forum. There is one very active member.

See this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Synology-Nas-amp-BT-home-hub-forward-ports/td-p/...

Its a long thread, but it was solved in the end.

0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Thanks Keith

Jim

0 Ratings