cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stoswald
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

HH5 has automatically turned on BT WiFi

According to my WiFi montior on my Tablet, I have somehow turned on BT WiFi, however I've never opted in, so am a bit puzzled to why the router has made this change automatically?

I've tried to check my status but the @btinernet.com email s not recognised!

Anyway afix to get off BT Wifi, as I don't need it.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: HH5 has automatically turned on BT WiFi

The default is to be opted in automatically, unless you opt out. I suspect that the configuration has been updated by BT, to reflect the default state.

The btinternet e-mail address has to be the same as the account holders BT ID, to access the status page, and opt out.

Are you sure the BT Wifi signal is coming from your home hub, and not a neighbour?

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

As I haven't managed to opt in or out then that would make sense.  I'm quiet sure it's not a neighbour - changed the channel number and watched BT Wifi move simulataneoulsy.

I've tried my @btinernet email & password (same one I use for BT Mail) doesn't work; also tried my BT ID email and password, that doesn't work either! 

Think it might be best to give it a day or so, to see if the website gets updated?

Edit

I've just logged onto BT wifi on my tablet and it reports I am not opted in........

Now thats odd?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

I'm opted out, but that doesn't stop the Hub transmitting BT WiFi.  It doesn't stop me logging in either.

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

It's done it again.  BT fiddled over night and now BT Wifi with Fon is active again.  This is becoming a joke!

What annoys me even more is that I put the correct @btinernet.com email& password in and the stupid system refuses to accept one or both.......

0 Ratings