cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

HH6A Firmware SG4B1000E016

Firmware got updated to  last night to SG4B1000E016 but the Hub Manager in Advance settings and the Status on the Home screen says updated on 28th Novermeber 2018 ! Strange.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: HH6A Firmware SG4B1000E016

Not that strange, restart your router and the date it was updated will correct itself

0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

It’s never done this before with all other updates, always had correct date of the update.
So should I restart or Factory Reset?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

From what you have posted if it was mine I would do factory reset to ensure new firmware updated correctly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

One step at a time, first off do a simple restart, if that doesn't work then backup the config file if you have any custom settings then factory reset. Once reset simply reload the config file to get all your custom settings back

0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Cheers guys, I’ll give it a go tomorrow and report back
0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

OK, so I did a Restart first and the date did not change. Next I did a Factory Reset (pin button at back) and still no change in date. Did a seceond Factory Reset and still no change.

So the hub is showing incorrect date of Firmware installation. Do BT actually test the Firmware prior to release or are the Hubs so vunerable to glitches?

Having said this, my Hub has been reliable since installation in 2016 and has been the best hub so far (I've had them all), but it certainly does not live upto BT claims in their independant tests.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 10

Despite the hype of the TV adverts good BT hubs are few and far between, I wouldn't get hung up on it if it's working.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

sorry but when you did factory reset you did hold recessed button for 20/30 secs until lights flashed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Yes I held the button until Green light shows, about 30 seconds.
0 Ratings