cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MikeToll
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Has the ability to cast (to Chromecast) been removed from the BT Cloud app?

In the past I've cast pictures and music from the BT Cloud app on Android to my Chromecast dongle in the TV. The "cast" icon seems to have now disappeared from the options in the app. NB. This is not referring to BT Sport or BT TV, just casting from the "BT Cloud" app. I've had a good search around but can't find any reference to this. Thanks
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Has the ability to cast (to Chromecast) been removed from the BT Cloud app?

Hi @MikeToll  welcome back to the forum. I had a search wound myself and can't find anything since it was added to the Cloud a few years back. Give the Cloud helpdesk a call on 0800 500 3114 (9am to 9pm Mon - Fri 9am to 6.30pm Sat and Sun) as they will be best placed to answer this for you.

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
MikeToll
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Has the ability to cast (to Chromecast) been removed from the BT Cloud app?

I called the Cloud helpdesk as suggested and 1st Line had a chat with 2nd Line and concluded it wasn't a problem with BT Cloud and that I needed to pursue the issue with my phone provider. I explained that other apps were able to cast successfully from our three devices so you'd expect it to be the BT app that was having the issue. I was offered a callback by a 2nd-Line bod who did call back in the scheduled slot on 23/5 and took the details again and suggesting I'd get a call back,  probably that evening... but disappointingly there hasn't been any follow up call.

0 Ratings