cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wimmerfield
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Help with SmartTalk - can't delete a user to re-register their phone.........

I have a smarttalk problem. My son in law, sold his mobile phone and factory reset it first to remove all apps and settings BUT didn't log out of my Smarttalk first so he is still appearing as a user. The "MyBT" website settings section "manage my smarttalk" no longer gives the option to delete a smarttalk user so this now needs to be done manually in order  that he can re-register for the service using his new phone and his old SIM (i.e. the same mobile number). HELP !!!!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
wimmerfield
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Re: BT SMART TALK APP-Do NOT Uninstall/Reinstall APP Without Carrying Out The Following Procedures

I have a smarttalk problem too. My son in law, sold his mobile phone and factory reset it first to remove all apps and settings BUT didn't log out of my Smarttalk first so he is still appearing as a user. The "MyBT" website settings section "manage my smarttalk" no longer gives the option to delete a smarttalk user so this now needs to be done manually in order  that he can re-register for the service using his new phone and his old SIM (i.e. the same mobile number). HELP !!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: BT SMART TALK APP-Do NOT Uninstall/Reinstall APP Without Carrying Out The Following Procedures

@wimmerfield wrote:

I have a smarttalk problem too. My son in law, sold his mobile phone and factory reset it first to remove all apps and settings BUT didn't log out of my Smarttalk first so he is still appearing as a user. The "MyBT" website settings section "manage my smarttalk" no longer gives the option to delete a smarttalk user so this now needs to be done manually in order  that he can re-register for the service using his new phone and his old SIM (i.e. the same mobile number). HELP !!!!

Please read my information page. You only need to block the user, not delete it.

Provide new signups are enabled, that will create a new Service ID for that phone which will be generated when the app is installed on the new phone.

See BT SmartTalk issues

0 Ratings
wimmerfield
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for that reply. Just to be clear this is a new phone but the same SIM (i.e. mobile number) will blocking the original entry work in that situation?

PS the facility to filter calls e.g. to prevent dialing mobiles for a paricular user seemed not to be working a while back as the "save" button did nothing. Has that issue been fixed?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@wimmerfield wrote:

Thanks for that reply. Just to be clear this is a new phone but the same SIM (i.e. mobile number) will blocking the original entry work in that situation?

I have amended the first part of my explanation, as posted on my website, to make that a bit clearer.

I am not aware of the other issue you mention, as I am just a customer, I do not use SmartTalk any more, as the current version does not work on my old Android 2.2 phone.

0 Ratings
wimmerfield
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for your suggestions. Ironically since he was upgrading an LG phone and had used LG backup the app settings carried across to the new phone and smarttalk is still working - so actually it was a good move not to log out in the end.

Surprising though as I assumed the that app linked to the IMEI or MAC address or some other feature of the new phone whereas it seems to install a code or flag in the app settings somewhere.  Anyway - problem solved 🙂

STill interested to know about changing the call filtering options in "manage my smarttalk" - my guess is they still cannot be amended - interested to hear about the experience other users.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

The settings have backed up the unique internal  hash value which would have been linked to the Service ID, which is why it worked. A fresh installation would have created a new one.

Something that people may find helpful in future.

Call filtering options, not sure, I will ask one of the moderators, perhaps they can ask the SmartTalk team?

0 Ratings