Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nihil
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Homehub 5: Disable BT WiFi

Go to solution

This may well have been posted before, however searching for "BT WiFi" on this site is for obvious reasons somewhat futile.

My question is specifically on disabling BT WiFi, there seems to be a page for this purpose here: https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/statuscheck.do

However it requires a BT internet or BT Yahoo email, neither of which I have or were provided to me by BT during install. Also, just to confuse matters BT are seperating their site for BT WiFi and absolutely everything else? My BT ID is apparently unrelated here.

Spoiler
Incidentally I'd like to point out that I think it's pretty cheap of BT to do this: They want to build a wireless network for themselves then charge mobile users to utilize it... and they're building it with their broadband user's equipment and lines.

Apparently the BT Business hub is perfectly capable of switching off BT WiFi from within the user menu: http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9787/~/how-can-i-turn-my-bt-wi-fi-%2F-bt-open...

So they are intentionally making opting out of BT WiFi as difficult for end users as possible, then charging mobile users to utilise hardware and bandwidth paid for by their broadband customers. Shrewd, sure, but a bit of a low point even for BT.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Homehub 5: Disable BT WiFi

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Nihil
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks, I just ordered a replacement router online 😛
0 Ratings
loopy1
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

hi, did ordering a enw rotuer resolve the issue

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@loopy1 wrote:

hi, did ordering a enw rotuer resolve the issue

You are posting on a three year old thread and the OP has not been back to the forum since his last post so you may not gt an answer to your question.

0 Ratings