cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

How can I download all of my folders on BT Cloud storage to my laptop?

Hi

How can I download my entire BT Cloud storage folders to my laptop?  It is only allowing me to download the contents of each folder file-by-file instead of the whole folders! 

When I download the folders they are being downloaded as zipped files and when I open them they are empty....

Very frustrating.  There must be an easier way?!

Happy New Year!

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: How can I download all of my folders on BT Cloud storage to my laptop?

Continued:

I am downloading my backed up C drive as shown below and all subfolders inside this C folder are empty, there's 1000s of subfolders and there is no way I am downloading each subfolder separately it will take me years!  It's an absolute joke! 

I am trying to leave BT and I can't because I can't get my data off the cloud and don't want to lose it obviously.  This cloud system must have been developed by a bunch of teenagers, absolutely shocking.  My standard BT tariff ended months ago and i'm forced to pay £55 instead of £30 for other providers, just to add insult to injury.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

This appears to be another bug on the server side application and I can confirm that the same thing happens here.

Before the update, downloading a folder, as you are trying to do, also downloaded all subfolders and their file and subfolder contents.  Now it just downloads the files in the top folder with subfolders names.  It isn't drilling down to get the subfolder contents and these don't appear in the zip file, leaving empty subfolders when unzipped.  As you point out, there are thousands of sub-folders, often nested many levels deep, on most backups so this bug is unacceptable.

There is supposed to be a fix for BTCloud client app due to be rolled out later this month, but I expect this fault will need to be addressed separately as it seems to be on the server software which was supposed to have been fixed since the update.

Message 5 of 8

Hi,

Thanks for your comment on this - I have spent ages trying to work out how to download a backup I put into BT Cloud from a different pc onto a new pc, without having to choose individual files.  I clearly just want the file structure I originally backed up.

Do you know if this fix has happened yet?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

You can do this by opening the BT Cloud app and clicking the Settings Cog

Then in the Backup tab click "+ folder"  (I created a new one for my content to be downloaded into)

new folder.png

After adding the new folder, hover over it and click the small cog to the right of it.

Select "Selective Download" and select the repositories you want to download to your new machine.

selective.png

Message 7 of 8

Hi,

Many thanks for taking the time to do some cutting and pasting on this one.

I had already managed to work out the option using the settings cog, but interestingly I didn't initially get the "selective download" option.  I was trying to download back to the music directory so perhaps this was the problem.

Lee8_0-1622449737538.png

I had also tried just doing it to a separate folder, rather than the music, again I didn't get the selective option. I tried the "download" option but this didn't seem to do anything. (I still don't know what this is meant to do).

So, after looking at your response and the fact there was another option I was missing, I restarted the computer, as realised I had downloaded the latest version of BT cloud on Friday but hadn't restarted it. 

Lee8_1-1622450099983.png

Long story short, this is now resolved. Many thanks - if you hadn't posted I would have realised I didn't have the right options on my software.   Interesting though that I still can't download back to the music directory but will just transfer the files afterwards.

Thanks.

Lee

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for this - I would never, ever have worked this out for myself!
0 Ratings