cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 8

How can we stop BT closing BT SmartTalk

BT has suddenly announced that BT SmartTalk is closing in December 2018 but it is a valuable tool to have and differntiates BT from other service providers.

Help vote to  keep this product going.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES
jhfholdings
Message 1 of 8

BT SmartTalk

The pending cancellation of BT SmartTalk has given no thought to Folks in rural areas when their landlines are more than often down and can only "saddleback" on neighbouring BT Wi-Fi for help.....! Network cellphone coverage & 4G are NOT options. Remember you can't contact the Emergency Services on "WhatsApp"....! Ciao. JF

0 Ratings
simonshearer
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Re: How can we stop BT closing BT SmartTalk

I am happy to support any initiative that keeps this valuable service going. The alternative of using cellphones is not as good and more expensive.  If I have apid for unlimited calls at home why  not let me use them when I am away from home?

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

BT smartTalk App closing 19th January!

Just got a letter to say BT SmartTalk is being stopped, sad day for anyone using mobiles ooutside European Community. I guess it was just too expensive for BT to run or worse no one but me was using it.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Re: BT SmartTalk

Yeah to be honest we don't have very good mobile accesss in Trowbridge where I live it's not in the backwoods either just on Tesco using O2 (cheap that I am) and the tower is in middle of town not near my estate.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

@smithbarbara271

it has been known for months that smarttalk was terminating at the end of 2018 and only thing that is new is the date which is Jan 2019  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
simonshearer
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Firstly it may have been 'widely know' but not by me. I only know because I got the letter today.

Secondly, even if some peopkle knew that doesn't make it right.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

there have been posts on forum for months and also in the press  that was time to try and stop terminating smarttalk although I am sure the decesion has been made  wifi calling is next thing and although can't receive calls like smarttalk you can with correct phone make calls over wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings