cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jillity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

How do I register for the wifi app?

I've been trying for ages to register for the BT wifi app on my Nokia Lumia phone.  I've downloaded the app and I'm asked to set up by entering my username and password. When I do this and activate I'm told I need to be part of the BT community. I agree to this and the next screen tells me to register for BT wifi.  I nenter my email address and password again and the next screen also asks me to register for BT wifi.  I enter my details yet again and agree to the terms and conditions.  I click on 'register for BT wifi' and absolutely nothing happens.  The page just sits there doing nothing.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Jillity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: How do I register for the wifi app?

I've tried reinstalling the app and I've tried uninstalling and installing from scratch but the same thing happens.  Does this mean that for some reason I'm not eligible to use the app? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

are you a bt broadband customer?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jillity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Yes.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

you need to use your primary btinternet email address and password to login

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

have you read this http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51480/kw/BT%20WiFi%20App/c/346,1238,2690/?s_intcid=%2...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Jillity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

My husband has the primary BT internet email address.  I use gmail although we have BT phone and total broadband.  Does that mean I won't be able to use my gmail address?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

You will have to use his primary BT internet address to login to BT wifi, you can't login using your gmail address. You can obviously still use your gmail address for email once logged in.

0 Ratings
Jillity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

OK thank you.  I'll do that.

0 Ratings