cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

How do I remove Norton Password Manager?

Go to solution

I have just upgraded to Norton BT Protect and the included Norton Password Manager.

However, Norton Password Manager conflicts with my already installed LastPass password manager.

How do I remove/inactivate Norton Password Manager because at the moment when a login/password box opens I have both Norton and LastPass icons displayed?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I remove Norton Password Manager?

Go to solution

If you have any problems with any of the Norton products you will probably be able to find the answer by checking the Norton web site.

Turn on or turn off Norton Password Manager

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Like many other users, I got this change without any warning, explanation, or guide to use. It auto started installs tion after I booted my PC  On following the installation I was careful not to choose to activate the password manager and have had no problem with  LastPass.  After completing the installation, the one thing you have to be very careful with is to avoid the siren voice of the button inviting you to 'activate all Norton utilities' or something similar as this will start the password manager!  I would suggest uninstalling Norton, using its own uninstall program (I assume it has one on its website), then reinstalling it, being careful not to accept the password manager utility.  Good luck with this, I have had another issue and found BT help hopelessly inadequate at dealing with the new software.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Just tried for Removal of Password Manager and so EASY! Thanks..  Although will now restart PC to check..

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Distinguished Sage - The problem with this is that the user needs to log in to the Norton website, according to BT using your BT identity. I had other problems and no one seemed to know what Norton does, even sent me the wrong Norton Users' Manual.  At BT's suggestion, I tried to log in and it didn't work,  all BT could suggest is that I log in to BT and 'change my password and it will be OK'.  Why should I have to change my password just because BT can't get its act together?  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Sorry to hear about that 'OD'..as I remember you being helpful on the old AV Forum

about the then NEW Samsung TV..Mine just started to have spread of light blue patches..

but that's another story.. All I can now vouch for is..

After a Restart with the spinning wheel taking about 5minutes to Reset the W10 Innards..

I now find that the BT Specific guidance.. 'Worked a treat' and Edge has remedied a few hiccups

already.. if that helps you?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you.. Can i still give you marks?? 10/10

0 Ratings