cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leeprice22
Message 1 of 8

How do I restore contacts from Cloud to my phone?

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this little problem please.

If I log into Cloud from my desk PC I can see a backup of all my mobile contacts. Now I need to restore them to the phone. But when I log into Cloud from the phone (Galaxy Note2) I cannot see the backup contacts.

So two questions really... first, why can I see the backed up contacts on my PC but not on the phone?

Secondly, how do I restore the contacts to my phone?

Thanks,

Lee

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: How do I restore contacts from Cloud to my phone?

Hi @Leeprice22 Did you manged to get this issue resolved?

If not try the Cloud technical team on 0800 500 3114 (9am to 9pm Mon - Fri 9am to 6.30pm Sat and Sun) and they will be able to help you with this.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Leeprince22,

I did this by selecting 'Content Restore' from the Tools menu of my BT Cloud App, then selecting the phone from which I wanted to restore contacts. You can also download a CSV file of all your contacts from the BT Cloud website (btcloud.bt.com), then open it on your phone.

Hope this helps!
Joe
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Eloss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

It only seems to create the CSV file if the contacts are in the root of a folder of a connected account (i.e. gmail). What is the process of restoring contacts when they reside in the com.synchronoss sub folder of a gmail folder? I can copy these contacts to "Groups" or to "My Contacts" (but not to a connected gmail folder) and am struggling as to how to proceed from there - there seems to be precious little info on any of this.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

@Leeprice22wrote:

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this little problem please.

If I log into Cloud from my desk PC I can see a backup of all my mobile contacts. Now I need to restore them to the phone. But when I log into Cloud from the phone (Galaxy Note2) I cannot see the backup contacts.

So two questions really... first, why can I see the backed up contacts on my PC but not on the phone?

Secondly, how do I restore the contacts to my phone?

Thanks,

Lee

You need to sync your phone with your Google account, how you do this will vary according to your phone but in general it goes something like this.

Open Settings

Look for Accounts or User and Accounts

Tap on your account name

Tap Sync Now

0 Ratings
Eloss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Thankyou V. But whilst that may well resolve Lee's issue from 2016 I don't think it helps with my related problem. In my  case the new phone is already synced and those contacts that were residing in the root of the linked Gmail account copied over fine. However those residing in the sub folder com.synchronoss did not. Why contacts ended up there, and whether they should of, I do not know. BTW the original phone is u/s with bad cases of "Unfortunately App Has Stopped" and Android Bootloop, so I do need to restore my contacts from the cloud to the new phone.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

At a guess that is a backup created by Synchronoss,  an app available from Google play store. 

0 Ratings
Eloss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Yes, there certainly is such an App (called Synchronoss Personal Cloud) but hard it's to see how it might have got mixed in with BT Cloud. However a quick search also shows that Synchronoss Technologies Inc. is contracted by BT to run BT Cloud. So maybe having contacts backed up in a folder called Com.Synchronoss is not without basis. Trouble is, as I said earlier, it's not apparent how to carry out a restore from there.

0 Ratings