cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uppy
Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: How do I stop BT Cloud loading on startup - Windows 7

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.  Windows 7 does not have a 'Startup' tab in Task Manager.  In Windows 7 Startup tasks are enabled / disabled from msconfig and not from the Task Manager.

Yes I can see all the running tasks and services from the W7 Task Manager, but that does not help me find where the entry is that starts up BT Cloud in the first place.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 20

Hi I am on W7 and find the following the most effective way of stopping it on Startup.

If you have a product called CCleaner on your machine go to the Tools section. If not do the free download.

One of the sections is Startup.

When you have run the Desktop (Bt Cloud).

Go to the startup selection in CCleaner and in the list of Startup tasks you will see a one word entry :-

SYNCHRONOSSPC   (This is the BT Cloud Desktop)

Delete it from the list.

You will need to do each time you start the Cloud desktop as in my case regardless of what you tick it will start with Windows as the Desktop overrides this every time. Once you have finished with Desktop delete the entry as per above, before closing your PC.

It is clearly beyond the wit of Synchronoss to produce a product that takes note of user settings.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 13 of 20

@Cicero wrote:

Hi I am on W7 and find the following the most effective way of stopping it on Startup.

If you have a product called CCleaner on your machine go to the Tools section. If not do the free download.

One of the sections is Startup.

When you have run the Desktop (Bt Cloud).

Go to the startup selection in CCleaner and in the list of Startup tasks you will see a one word entry :-

SYNCHRONOSSPC   (This is the BT Cloud Desktop)

Delete it from the list.

You will need to do each time you start the Cloud desktop as in my case regardless of what you tick it will start with Windows as the Desktop overrides this every time. Once you have finished with Desktop delete the entry as per above, before closing your PC.

It is clearly beyond the wit of Synchronoss to produce a product that takes note of user settings.

I'm puzzled by this topic, and just trying to help.

Presumably you have a desktop icon.....

When you right click on it, what shows as the target???

On Win 10 it's BT Cloud/BT Coud.exe.

Folder structure is a mess also.

If you do a search in File Explorer, the file paths are totally unintelligible.  However there's no reference to Syncronoss - at least not in my searches.

BT Cloud does show in msconfig and Services.msc  and startup, however.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 20

Startup.png

Hi here is what I get on my W7 System hope you can the Synchronoss entry it is the 6th one down.

I started my System so you can see the Synchronoss entry, just a name no other details...

If you open the PNG in a new tab you can clearly see the Synchronoss entry that definitely appears when I start the desktop.

My Desktop Icon points to the same as yours but it is definitely Synchronoss that is in Startup, delete this and  BT CLoud will not start with Windows.

I am on the latest version of the  Desktop 15.2.10.2...

Obviously inside the BT Cloud.exe some of the Synchronoss code is doing something, you proably know the BT Cloud is based on the Synchronoss offering now .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 15 of 20

Cicero wrote:

Startup.png

Hi here is what I get on my W7 System hope you can the Synchronoss entry it is the 6th one down.

I started my System so you can see the Synchronoss entry, just a name no other details...

If you open the PNG in a new tab you can clearly see the Synchronoss entry that definitely appears when I start the desktop.

My Desktop Icon points to the same as yours but it is definitely Synchronoss that is in Startup, delete this and  BT CLoud will not start with Windows.

I am on the latest version of the  Desktop 15.2.10.2...

Obviously inside the BT Cloud.exe some of the Synchronoss code is doing something, you proably know the BT Cloud is based on the Synchronoss offering now .

Thanks,

I'll do another search...... in Win 10 , of course, not ccleaner, It will find some more pieces of the puzzle. E.g. Why then does  Synchronoss not show in startup on Win 7 and Cloud  does on Win 10?
pc HP dv6.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 20

Hi,

Did some more tests.

That entry is caused by changing settings in the Desktop.

If I untick start with windows or login an entry is generated.

If I then tick start with windows that entry is generated.

If I tick keep me logged an entry is generated.

It is definitely a spurious entry coming from the Desktop code.

Each time I deleted the entry before unticking/ticking in settings.

Peculiar.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 17 of 20

@Cicero wrote:

Hi,

Did some more tests.

That entry is caused by changing settings in the Desktop.

If I untick start with windows or login an entry is generated.

If I then tick start with windows that entry is generated.

If I tick keep me logged an entry is generated.

It is definitely a spurious entry coming from the Desktop code.

Each time I deleted the entry before unticking/ticking in settings.

Peculiar.

Thanks,

The only trace I can find of Synchross Technologies is in the file details of two dll (dynamic link) files.

These are... well...er ....difficult to understand, but going by what you say and think, they could well cause problems.

Interesting that BT Cloud is shown under X64.

Stupid question but are you running X64?.....and is the original poster running X64?

Seem to remember there was a 32 bit Windows 7. I'll do a google search.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 20

Hi , I am 32 bit Windows 7 Home Edition....

not ot sure of the original poster.

0 Ratings
Uppy
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

I'm W7 professional 64 bit

Up to now I've been looking for BT Cloud entries, but it seems perhaps I should be looking for SYNCHRONOSSPC instead in msconfig / registry instead?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 20 of 20

@Uppy wrote:

I'm W7 professional 64 bit

Up to now I've been looking for BT Cloud entries, but it seems perhaps I should be looking for SYNCHRONOSSPC instead in msconfig / registry instead?

Look in Windows file manager > program files  (both X64 and X86 listings) and in turn type in sncr in the search box > top right.

This will show a listing , which includes .dll files, and possibly others..

When you look at file properties (right click), there is a reference to Synchronoss, under the details tab..

Then look for the .exe files and their names in the full listing of BT Cloud files. In your case look for the name of the BT Cloud.exe file.

0 Ratings