cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikechallis
Message 1 of 12

How do I switch off guest access (BTWifi-with-FON) on my Home Hub 4 router?

Go to solution

I believe there's a way to switch the guest access feature off - BTWifi-with-FON keeps confusing my phone when I switch it on in the morning. Any help much appreciated!

Mike

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: How do I switch off guest access (BTWifi-with-FON) on my Home Hub 4 router?

Go to solution

you would need to opt out of BTWIFI then you would not be able to use the facility when out and about  https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon

can you not set your home network as the preferred conenction? I don't have a problem with my S5

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
mikechallis
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Many thanks for your prompt response and link.

The link takes me to a page where there's a "Check Status" button, which takes me to another page where I'm asked for my BT internet address and password. I enter these very carefully (treble-checked!) but they are not accepted. However when I use exdactly the same items to access my email account in the usual way there's no problem. *Very* frustrating! Any ideas as to what may be the problem now?

(My email address is a btinternet.com address)

Thanks  Mike

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

is that the primary email address as only primary will work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mikechallis
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for that - I've tried the primary email address - again, very carefully - but this is also rejected. Puzzling.

Thanks,  Mike

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

if you have a BTID have you tried that?

0 Ratings
mikechallis
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

My BTID is an email address (not a btinternet.com one) - and is not accepted. Oh dear ...

Thanks for your continuing assistance!

Mike

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

deleted by poster

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Login to MyBT and try this link https://www.bt.com/appsconsumeraccount/secure/BTWifiRegistered.do?ServiceName=BTWIFI&Action=DOWNLOAD

There should be an option to opt out.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@mikechallis  Don't know how relevant this is but there's a problem with the BT WiFi status site. When I was migrated to BT Mail and went through all the BT ID stuff, I had to change my age-old BT password as it was deemed insecure. No problem with that except for the BT WiFi site which doesn't recognise the new password and still insists on the obsolete one. I can't find any way to update the password for the WiFi site.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings