cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RKM
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

How long for BTCloud to sych files?

I have about 400GB of files backed up the BT Cloud.

When I boot up my Windows10 machine, BT Cloud loads automatically.  Hovering the mouse over the BT Cloud icon in the system tray brings up a message "BT Cloud - All files in sync".

Clicking on that same icon it shows the usual launch options, but it takes several hours before it shows the amount of storage used.  Furthermore, clicking on "Show Dashboard" before the storage shows up just brings up a completely unresponsive Dashboard which never progresses and can't only be shut down by robooting.  If I wait until the amount of storage being used shows when clicking the BT Cloud icon then Dashboard runs as it should.

I think the application is trying to compare the files backed up with the local copies during this unresponsive period, which I consider to be synching, but should it really take several hours to do that?  Normal app operation can't commence until that phase is complete, delaying any backup by several hours.  Is that normal?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
RKM
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: How long for BTCloud to sych files?

I should have mentioned that this is with BT Cloud version v16.3.18.10
0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 3 of 5

Hi @RKM,

Sorry you're having trouble!

What you're describing isn't how the service should be working! Even for a very large account (800GB plus) I'd expect it to take no longer than 10 minutes to compare changes, assuming it's a recent computer with a standard processor.

The process of comparing files for changes can be processor intensive, but unless it's a very old machine (or some other process is running which is throttling BT Cloud's ability to use CPU power) then the performance should be much better than what you're describing.

I'd like to look into this further and understand what's going wrong - I'll ask the Mod's to get in contact to collect some details.

Thanks,

Joe

BT Cloud ExpertJoeV
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Cloud. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on BT Cloud queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
RKM
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks JoeV

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @RKM,

You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings