Hello, You can disable your wireless!
Follow these steps 🙂
1. Paste this into your Web browser, bthomehub.home/
2. Enter your default admin password and create your own
3. Click on Settings
4. Enter your password for the hub if required
5. Click Advanced Settings & then continue to advanced settings
6. Click Wireless
7. Change Wireless network enable: yes to no
8. Apply the changes, your hubs wireless connections have been turned off.
Hope this helps
On the other hand if you're using your wifi then the above is academic. I believe it is possible to opt out of BT-fon via the BT site, but SFAIK there is no means of turning off BT-wifi. If that is so and if you are really determined to get shot of both services, then the only option is to ditch the Homehub and use a different router.
I think there's some confusion here.
Opt out, then BTWiFi and BTWiFi with fon will be deactivated from your hub - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12958/c/346,1238,2694
The opt-out page can be found here: https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon/status
Once opted out, the extra signals should disappear eventually (it won't be immediate). If necessary, re-setting the Home Hub to factory defaults should clear it (but you would lose all other changed you've made on the Hub).
I followed your link and opted out. Now to wait and see if BT do their job (48hrs and counting). DS posted but I did not use that link.