Yes thats what I used my bt email afddress when I signed up for infinity but its not recognised.
As a BT Broadband newbie, can I just clarify how BTWIFI works? After a quick and successful installation of BT Home Hub 3, I noticed I've now got 3 WiFi networks I can connect to running off my HH - my home one, BTWiFi and BTWiFi-WITH-FON
My queries are:
1) Presumably it works that by sharing my router WiFi with the great unwashed, I also get to use similarly shared WiFi networks around the nation?
2) If I opt out - does that mean I can no longer access BTWiFi when I'm away from home?
3) Technically, how secure is it? If someone downloads some dodgy material via BT WiFi, is it associated with my BT account? How secure is my router when being accessed through BTWiFi?
4) How much of my bandwidth is allocated to BTWiFi? I live 2.2 KM away from my local exchange, in the middle of rural Norfolk, with variable broadband performance (actually much better with BT than prev) - so I need all the bandwidth I can access!
5) If I opt out, does this affect the broadband bandwidth I am allocated by BT (ie is my acount downgraded in some manner)
Any responses gratefully received
This post is now over 4 months old so the OP might not respond to your comment but hi to the forum anyway.
If you have a problem with BTWifi and want help just start a new post.
This does not work
I wswitched the WiFi off and monitored it on a WiFi analyzer
Your own Access point disappears but BT WiFi and BT Fon stay up
Unbeloevable what BT is doing here:
Does anyone know how to switch it off properly?
I just received an email from BT confirming that after the opt out I have to wait another 28 days
In fact they have hijacked my home hub for a Month
Also a WiFi analyzer tells me that after switching off WiFi altogether the FON service is still running so it cannot be wilfully switched off on HomeHub 3