cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jezbod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: How to reconnect BT Cloud to an existing BT Cloud folder on my PC

Update:  bad news - its is syncing all the files again, even though the folders show as sync'ed.

0 Ratings
jezbod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Second update:  more bad news.  Even though the folder in the dashboard is shown as being on my 1TB secondary drive, it is still syncing to the C:\User\<username>\BT Cloud folder.

This software really is pants.

Edit: Checked the registry and it does show the correct folder location, so I guess I'm going to have to uninstall, make a backup of all my files, re-install and point to a new folder on secondary drive, move files back in and re-sync, AGAIN!

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 18

I'm assuming you have tried changing the Sync and Settings options from the dashboard?

0 Ratings
jezbod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 18

It was showing the I:\BT Cloud folder in the dashboard, but was using the C:\users\<usernam>\BT CLoud folder to sync.

I unsintalled and removed the folders it had just created in C:\users, renamed the BT Cloud folder on I:\, re-installed BT Cloud and sync'ed one small folder to the C:\users\<usernam>\BT CLoud folder and then directed it to a new folder on the secondary drive in the dashboard settings.

Moved folders from the original BT Cloud into the new one and enabled sync for the folders - detected files as alredy being there and no data transfer happened and all show as sync'ed

Hope that makes sense!

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 18

Your explanation makes sense yes but this app?????
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 18

@V_Meldrewwrote:

I did the opposite and everything's working smoother than ever, just goes to show how unpredictable this app can be. Let me know how it goes.

Well that didn't last long, everything was working fine and I've made no changes whatsoever but Sync isn't working at all now. How can that be?

Could one of the mods please bring the frailty of this app to the attention of the developers, I'm sure they think it's fine but that only goes to show that they don't use it themselves.

0 Ratings
jezbod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

The frailty and the random icon it uses to identify the state of the files.

It seems to choose a random icon for all files, just not the correct one and changes quite often!

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 18

Mine's fine again now, fantastic. So what did I do to get it working again? Sweet Nothing, that's what. Was this app subject to quality control or was it some undergraduates 2nd year project?